The cost of the trip includes:
- Transportation and transfers to and from all locations in Costa Rica by a bilingual guide/driver.
- Full accompaniment by a Costa Rica Caribbean Experience staff person.
- 8 nights of double occupancy accommodations in family run hotels and lodges.
- Meals included in trip: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 6 dinners!
- 10 adventure and cultural activities!
- All activities and all meals during our 2 nights at the Finca Rio-Perla eco-farm.
- Canal Tour, nature hike and tour of village in Tortuguero
- One day of amazing whitewater rafting on the Pacuare River (including breakfast/lunch)
- Gandoca –Manzanillo Wildlife Hike
- Caribbean kosher-style cooking class
- Service project in the Talamanca Region
- Chocolate making workshop and demonstration with the BriBri indigenous community
- Jungle Canopy / Zipline Adventure
- Welcome night dinner in San Jose
- Dinner at Pita Bonita in Puerto Viejo
Please note that if you do not wish to partake in the rafting, canopy tour, and zipline, you may opt out and we will reduce the cost of your trip accordingly.
The cost does not include:
- Costa Rica departure tax of $28
- Optional arrival on Friday, August 9: Shabbat experience in San Jose ($85)
- Traveler insurance (we will be able to arrange this for you if needed)
- Some meals on the Caribbean coast and in San Jose
- Optional late night turtle nesting tour in Tortuguero
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities
Our tours are organized by Greener Travel Company, LLC. The company was founded by Ami Greener, an experienced and enthusiastic environmentalist that has been captivated by the unique beauty of Costa Rica. By forming personal relationships with local providers in Costa Rica (hotel owners, activity outfitters and the staff of Finca Rio-Perla, the amazing farm that we visit), we are able to offer a tailored experience to both individuals and couples traveling alone and looking to explore the area, as well as group tours which a member of our staff or local Costa Rican associates will guide.
Though the dates for this trip are set, if you want to join and cannot take the whole week off from work, we could accommodate you for part of the trip, and price it differently as well.
If you cannot make it on these dates, but would like to plan a visit alone, with a small group of friends or a romantic getaway with a significant other - we can help you plan that trip as well with some of these amazing adventures – we regularly send couples, families and small groups of friends on a tailored Caribbean Experience!
For further information and questions, please contact us at:
The Costa Rica Caribbean Experience